Thursday, April 7, 2022

TV stuff

I finally got my taxes done last week after putting them off so long, so I should get my refund soon.

Meanwhile, the CW announced the premiere date for Tom Swift for May 31. I'm just glad the show didn't get canceled due to the pandemic. I finally watched the Nancy Drew episode that introduced him. I wonder if his relationship with his father will still be strained or not. Lots of gadgets including his AI assistant voiced by Levar Burton. I hope it will be a good show, and not get tiresome like Nancy Drew did, with its endless ghosts. Maybe they will do the futuristic high-tech stuff that they tried to do with the Painkiller spinoff.

Also, I've been hearing a lot of praise for HBO's pirate show Our Flag Means Death, but haven't watched it yet. It's apparently got a gay romance at its heart, and I recently saw screencaps showing that Will Arnett is in it too. So I'll have to see that soon. I could use something lighthearted and celebratory in these days of so much anti-LGBT legislation.

No comments: