Sunday, October 2, 2022

Already October

Well I think cooler fall temperatures have finally arrived, at least for this week. We're still in the 80s though. I tried to make a pumpkin pie but I was missing condensed milk, and the pie didn't bake right. I thought I only needed the pumpkin filling.

Apparently Beto debated Greg Abbott on Friday night. I didn't know about it, and I wasn't home anyway. I went to see the new Bros movie. I have seen numerous political ads on TV though, where they claim that the border is a lawless, dangerous hellhole, and how Beto is supposedly a radical who shouldn't be governor. It's so sickening, and they gin up right-wing panic about Black Lives Matter and the police. As if the police didn't fail spectacularly in Uvalde.

Beto's TV ads so far focus on Uvalde and also abortion. I hope the pink wave of women voters will help, but I don't know why so many white women voted for Trump in his elections. I'm concerned about stupid Ken Paxton too, since he continues to evade any prosecution after being indicted for years.

Oh, and apparently rightwingers had a freakout over Lizzo playing James Madison's crystal flute, even though nobody ever heard of the flute before. I liked seeing her joyfulness in the videos online. Good for her. I hope she's having a good year, what with winning that Emmy for her TV show.

No comments: