Sunday, October 16, 2022

Elections Matter

Early voting starts next week in Texas, so I've been researching who's on my ballot. I finally found a Fort Worth paper that lists an election guide that's not paywalled so I can finally get some background on local candidates for judges and such. As we've learned in previous elections, every political office is important. We can't let wackos run our school districts or ruin our libraries with their hysteria.

The UK is still having issues with their prime minister, who recently fired her chancellor. If she doesn't back off her disastrous tax policies, then I hope the conservatives lose further power.

Meanwhile, I was saddened by Angela Lansbury passing away last week. She was born in London, but we were lucky that she moved to America as a teen, and she had a long career here. So many roles she was famous for, though I haven't seen a lot of them. I've mostly seen her mysteries rather than her musicals or dark psychological films. I did love on Murder She Wrote whenever she would play Jessica undercover or Jessica's British cousin Emma, because then we would see her play drunk or sing. She was delightful in Death on the Nile and Mrs. 'Arris goes to Paris too. I'll miss her.

No comments: