Saturday, May 13, 2023

More dolls

Not exactly a Barbie, but I heard that Mattel made some Ariel dolls for the new live-action Little Mermaid. I guess Disney isn't mad at them anymore, and maybe they'll stop having Hasbro make those princess dolls with the horrible tiny shoulders? I went to Target to try to buy one of the mermaid dolls, but they must have been sold out. Instead I saw a bunch of new dolls I hadn't seen before. Not only were there Fresh dolls, there were now articulated Fresh Dolls, Fresh Fairies, and there were more expensive Black Panther Fresh Fierce dolls. Looks like they are successful and expanding. Plus there was some other line of black dolls that looked a little smaller, called Naturalistas. I was tempted to buy a fashion pack, but worried it wouldn't fit any of my dolls. It appears that their feet are bigger than Barbie feet, which I kind of like because the Fresh Doll feet look so small on them.

Mattel even had some larger dolls called "My First Barbie" made out of softer material and bigger so that younger kids could dress them. I hope it's not that terrible rubbery plastic they used to use for bendable knees on Ken, because those were NOT easy to dress. Anyway it's a new way for Mattel to sell more clothes and shoes that don't fit other dolls.

No comments: