Friday, June 2, 2023

Happy Pride

So they finally got the debt ceiling raised and Biden should sign it soon. They say the deal lasts until January 2025, so hopefully the drama is done for now. Also I found out that the local May elections resulted in a run-off election; I initially assumed that the frontrunner won outright, but it looks like we have another chance. Early voting is this week and part of next week. I'll have to do it this weekend.

Also Ken Paxton got impeached! At first I wasn't excited because I thought he wouldn't get convicted in the State Senate, but I read that he's suspended without pay from his job already. Sure, Abbott just appointed another GOP lackey as interim attorney general, but it seems he's going against Paxton's lackeys. Let the GOP continue to fight amongst themselves.

Meanwhile I bought a cool pack of Sherlock Holmes playing cards. This one, there's a different illustration on each card. Too many packs online have just unique face cards, and then repeat them for each suit. The deck I got actually has a theme for each suit, and we do get different characters to be jacks, queens, kings, and aces. I like it, and it comes in a nice box with a booklet.

Anyway happy Pride month despite all the transphobic satanic panics from rightwingers lately. I look forward to Juneteenth too.

No comments: