Sunday, June 18, 2023

Juneteenth Weekend

I usually don't like horror movies, but I was looking for a movie so I could go to an air-conditioned theater, so I decided to try The Blackening which is advertised as a satire/comedy. It is still horror, with jump scares and violent deaths, but I got through it by covering my eyes at parts. What I did see wasn't too gory, and it was funny. The film takes place during a Juneteenth reunion at a cabin in the woods, as several black friends are forced to play a game and get stalked by a killer. I won't spoil more.

I definitely am not going to see The Flash, and am glad that it's not doing well at box office. I'm still mad at Warner Brothers for not cancelling this film and defending it as somehow great and essential for people to see. Many folks claimed that this film would do a multiverse reset or some crossover something that they needed to reboot all their superhero movies. But nope, what I hear is that it's a stupid time-travel story with stupid cameos from alternate universes. Fuck you for not punishing this actor for their controversies! Fuck you for choosing to write off Batgirl instead, when they didn't do anything wrong! I hope you lose millions of dollars on this poor decision.

Anyway, I am getting a new AC installed Monday, so I still got to get through Sunday without AC. Still relying on fans at home; will go visit my dad for Father's Day. After that I might see the Spiderverse movie, though I don't remember much of the first film.

No comments: