Sunday, January 21, 2024

Miserable Weekend

I thought I already got through the worst of the freezing temps, but they fell again and I got a bad cold. Worse, I had to work through the weekend with a cough and scratchy throat. So I thought I would make myself feel better with some hot chocolate, but no, that made me nauseous. I had to go home and go to bed at 7pm just to stop shivering so much. The next day, hot tea was better than hot chocolate, but my throat was still sore. At least I didn't have a fever.

I did manage to see Book of Clarence again last week, but I need to get better before I venture out to American Fiction, even wearing a mask. Texas weather is so screwed up.

I did watch Killers of the Flower Moon on Apple TV, but I thought it was overrated. Certainly not worth 3 hours runtime. It focused way too much on stupid Earnest and his complying with every command of his evil uncle. Some scenes were too graphic and sensationalized, feeling heavy handed. I guess Scorsese did the best he could to be sensitive to the Osage, even not subtitling the Osage dialogue, but the movie still felt very much from the point of view of the whites.

No comments: