Sunday, February 25, 2024

Yuck

We're in the midst of early voting for the March primaries. I went yesterday as I work too late to make the weekday hours. I've seen some political ads on TV with abhorrent Republicans yelling about the border and praising Abbott. It's sick. I did see a couple of ads for Colin Allred; he's still trying to win against Gutierrez before going to the general election against Ted Cruz.

After voting, I went to a local outlet mall by the highway, and I passed a really obnoxious display of Trump signs, that said "Trump Won" and "Democrats are Communists." The weirdest thing was that it was in front of a random restaurant and I didn't even see a person there selling merchandise. What is even the point of that display? These are the primaries, not the general election in November. This current election is about Trump vs Nikki Haley right now, not that she has any chance. She lost her own home state. Who knows, there might still have been other Republicans on the ballot that have already dropped out. On my Democratic ballot there were still 10 or so people listed against Biden. Irrelevant people like Dean Phillips and Marianne Williamson.

At least the Trumper signs were nowhere near the election polling site.

No comments: