Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Early Voting

Early voting has begun for the March primaries. I won't get a chance to go until Friday and need more time to read up on candidates anyway. There have been many political TV ads lately, and I've seen campaign signs posted next to local roads.

As for the big ticket races like Texas Senator and Governor, I try to have hope that Democrats can win this time, but I still worry. It's also why I'm cautious about getting my hopes up for gun control. Since the school shooting on Valentine's Day, I thought that we'd just go through the same cycle of inaction again. However, the surviving students at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School have been courageous examples of speaking out for change. Keep up the resistance and the shaming of NRA-bought politicians! I hope their March on Washington will be a success and that we can get something done this time. Unlike the Vegas shooting where everybody talked about banning bump stocks for a while, but never got around to it.

Please let something change this time. I don't want to have to keep waiting for the next election. At least Mueller indicted a whole lot of Russians lately. Hope there will be more to come.

No comments: