Sunday, February 18, 2018

Happy Lunar New Year

I finally got to see Black Panther this weekend, and enjoyed it a lot. So many great female characters, and so much depth to the villain's motivations. The only parts I didn't really like were during the battle with the different Wakandan factions fighting each other and the fight on the maglev train track. They just seemed to go on too long with too much chaos. Otherwise it was great, and I enjoyed so many people celebrating the cultural moment. I hope Disney's upcoming Mulan remake will be similarly well done, with no whitewashing.

I saw that Jeffrey Tambor got officially fired from Transparent. I really hate that he keeps claiming he's a victim of a "politicized atmosphere." Even though the investigation took three months, presumably enough time to confirm allegations, people still defensively whine about "rush to judgment" and "witch hunts" ruining men's lives. This wasn't an instant firing after a "misunderstanding"; this was a decision based on multiple people coming forward. I'm very disappointed in Tambor.

Still haven't heard much about Arrested Development season 5, which has already been shot. I hope they don't keep up the stupid "George got female hormones" storyline because it was already misguided and icky in itself, and will be even worse after this scandal. And frankly I don't care that much about Tambor's character getting an independent storyline from the rest of the family. I'm more concerned that Tony Wonder will return to resolve his relationship with Gob.

No comments: