Friday, March 23, 2018

March For Our Lives

I'll be working this weekend, so I won't be able to go to any of the marches, but I hope everything goes as well as at the Women's March. Go, kids, go! Gotta keep pushing so we can save some lives.

I'm glad that the police stopped the Austin package bomber, though the weird characterization of him in the news is really disturbing, especially compared to the latest victim of deadly police brutality.

I've read that the latest spending bill by Congress was pretty good. I mean, it didn't have a DACA fix or Obamacare stabilization, but at least lots of poison pills were removed from it. Congress took baby steps regarding background checks for guns and allowing medical research for gun violence. Even the money for the border wall is restricted to repair existing boundary fences/barriers. So mostly a bipartisan success that managed not to be derailed.

No comments: