Monday, March 26, 2018

Ugh, Love Triangles

No! Timeless brought Jessica back to life. Stupid manufactured obstacles. At least Hedy Lamarr was cool. I was surprised at how they got Flynn out of prison, but I wish we'd had more development about Jiya's seizures and visions.

Lucifer's love triangle is still shitty, ruining Maze. I still hate stupid-ass Pierce/Cain and I keep looking for spoilers so I'll know when he'll fucking go away. No such luck, though. Maybe he'll stay until the end of the season. I'm considering dropping the show, it's so bad lately.

Meanwhile, Deception is okay. I don't like the voiceovers at the start of each episode, and the twin in prison is still dull. However, at least the crimes-of-the week vary, making the procedural more fun and interesting. The explanations of the illusions are decent, and we even got a little development of the secondary characters Dina and Mike. Cameron hinted at his childhood not wanting to disappoint his father while living one life with his twin. I guess I can stick with it, at least until the mysterious woman magician becomes too obtrusive with her Moriarty shtick.

On Black Lightning, Jen's powers are starting to emerge, and Gambi confessed about his past, helping "scout" teens with enhanced abilities. I don't know why Lala (Latavius) came back to life, nor why he's being haunted by LaWanda's ghost (who kisses him? Why?) It's very confusing. I wonder if the "Shadow Board" Tobias mentioned might be the ASA that Gambi worked for. I wonder if all those kids in suspended animation will come back to life too. Have to wait and see, I guess.

No comments: