Friday, July 27, 2018

Living Nightmare

In Israel they recently passed that law that they're a Jewish nation-state, and Netanyahu is saying that Hitler was pushed into killing Jews by the Grand Mufti. Because of course right now is the time to inflame hatred against Arabs. Fuck him. How is he not forced to resign over this or the corruption charges? [ETA: Apparently Netanyahu said that in 2015, not recently. But the point still stands; how is he still in charge?]

Is it the same reason that somehow Trump keeps hanging on after all his scandals and crime? The idiot started a stupid trade war with the whole world, and now because people thought his farmers' bailout was shit, he finally backed down and decided to make nice with Europe. And the deadline for reuniting the children passed, but he thinks he can get away with leaving a third of the kids separated because they're somehow "ineligible"? Glad the ACLU and RAICES are still on it, even if other people have moved on.

I don't know if it's the persistent triple-digit heat, or the stress of the world being on fire, but I keep waking up hours early and having really vivid dreams that seem to last forever. I feel physical sensations in them, like water flooding into my house, and a roomba (that I've never owned) zooming past my foot while I'm going through my closet. I thought that time had passed and I watched the last half of season 5, but I got really mad at how Mitch had ruined Arrested Development. And I thought that I was yelling and trying to calm down to write a blog review. After I woke up, it took me several minutes to realize that no, the dream didn't happen. It's very strange and disconcerting.

Meanwhile the summer TV press tour has started with more announcements. They might as well just make Comic-Con part of the press tour, because it's all the same marketing/hyping going on. At least I got to watch a nice interview about Crazy Rich Asians coming out soon. I can't wait.

No comments: