Thursday, July 5, 2018

This and That

I read that a woman climbed the Statue of Liberty in protest. Aside from my being afraid of heights, that's much braver than I am. And she was doing it for the separated children. Thanks for keeping the resistance alive!

Also, a boys' soccer team in Thailand are trapped in a cave, but they've been found alive. Officials are trying rescue plans A, B, and C to get them out before monsoon rains flood the caves worse. It reminds me of the trapped miners in Chile, and I even read that one of the miners wants to go there to help. Good luck to them.

Meanwhile I'm glad that Private Eyes season 2 is now airing on ION. It's a perfect light summer mystery show. They take a variety of PI cases, not always murder, and they just added a new character to run their office. I hope she stays awhile unlike that babysitter character who disappeared off The Mysteries of Laura. So many networks do dumb reality shows during the summer.

Scarlett Johansson apparently didn't learn her lesson with Ghost in the Shell. She's signed on to play a transman in a biopic, and she defended herself by listing other cis actors playing trans, including freaking Jeffrey Tambor. It wasn't right with them either! She's really a garbage person; I won't be watching that Black Widow movie for sure.

No comments: