Friday, November 16, 2018

Gambi, No!

I think Black Lightning just killed off Peter Gambi. I may be wrong. It may be another case of comic books killing people only to resurrect them later, just like Lala in season 1 of Black Lightning, but he got haunted and eventually died again. I kept looking for any hints in the episode that Gambi was still alive, but there was nothing concrete, just Jefferson saying that he wouldn't believe it until he saw a body. But eventually even Jefferson mourned as if it were true. I don't know what's going on, and I sometimes wish the show was more straightforward and less mysterious. I'm tired of Tobias Whale constantly threatening to kill Khalil too. We need more info about what was in that suitcase. We got a little taste of some blackmail material, but certainly not enough for Gambi to describe it as "hell."

As for a more straightforward superhero show, the new She-Ra has debuted on Netflix. I've only watched the first few episodes so far, but it's interesting seeing the new character designs. I do find it kind of troubling that Light Hope keeps asking Adora to pledge to honor Grayskull while not explaining what Grayskull is, and that Adora seems kind of vacant/possessed when she becomes She-Ra. Catra has a point that Adora is joining the rebellion after only knowing these people a couple of hours.

No comments: