Monday, February 21, 2022

Early Voting

Early voting is still in progress for the March primaries, though mail-in ballots are still being rejected at an alarming rate, as the GOP's election law suppresses the vote. Texas limits vote by mail anyway to only a handful of reasons. I don't know if anybody will be able to get the issue fixed in time for the November elections. I did manage to vote in person last week after doing some candidate research the the League of Women Voters. Plus lots of election flyers have come in the mail lately.

Meanwhile I got my free N95 masks but I don't like the 3M design, with horizontal straps that go over your head instead of ear loops. It doesn't look very comfortable to wear, so I'm sticking with my cloth masks for now. I'm vaccinated and boosted.

I recently made a lasagna without ricotta cheese; I thought I had some cottage cheese to substitute, but it had gone bad. So I ended up using spinach and a little bit of mozzarella cheese. It turned out okay. Then I baked a nice yellow cake that smelled so good. I wanted to eat it while hot, but I let it cool because my frosting recipe said the cake had to be completely cool. So I made the frosting, even waiting a long time to soften the butter, but it still came out bad. My mixer just wouldn't blend the butter completely and the frosting kept getting stuck on the beaters. It didn't taste that good either. So I'm not gonna bother with homemade frosting again, and I can't buy the premade stuff that's full of palm oil either. Next time I'll just eat the cake while it's piping hot.

No comments: