Wednesday, November 2, 2022

Vote

I tried to dress up for Halloween, but couldn't get my headdress/headband done in time. Maybe next year. I did see some cute costumes for Everything Everywhere All at Once on the internet. Raccacoonie is apparently very easy and popular.

Other than this Blogger, I haven't joined any social media network since I made a MySpace page years ago, but I have long been able to follow along with various Twitter posts in the news. Currently many people are upset about Musk owning Twitter now. Some people are quitting it and calling for a boycott, while others argue that good people ought to stay and fight for the platform. (This is similar to what Democrats in Texas say, when explaining why they don't move away. They want to stay and fight.) I see their point, and I've also read articles arguing that Musk really can't make Twitter a right-wing, unmoderated mess without losing a lot of money. We'll see what happens I guess. Maybe a new platform will rise?

Anyway, I early voted last week, and Election Day is Tuesday. I hope the record turnout bodes well, though I never know with Texas. Greg Abbott's TV ads have been disgustingly terrible, and even puzzling. There was one ad featuring Abbott's niece endorsing him. What the fuck do I need to hear biased opinion from his family for? And dire warnings about how Texas will become a hellscape if Beto wins. How is it not a hellscape now? With Uvalde, and abortion laws, and a failing electrical grid? Republicans think it's okay now? Fuck them.

No comments: