Saturday, January 21, 2023

Midseason Shows

New shows have been premiering lately and I've tried them out. Will Trent's lead is somewhat interesting as a dyslexic character with a cute dog, but am not sure I can handle him, Angie, and other people all having backgrounds in foster care with horrific experience with sexual abuse. I think that Mark Paul Gosselar's Paul character was just in 2 episodes, and won't be recurring, but you never know. I haven't read the books either.

I watched the new Night Court, and the new judge seems to be trying too hard. Maybe she'll settle down once we're in a new routine. Seeing the old sets is kind of charming and nostalgic, and there were some funny jokes with the joke names on the board. I didn't remember the episode that Abby referenced with the pool ball, but I found it explained on Screenrant. So I watched the episode on Freevee where Harry quits being a judge for a while, then Dan talks to him in the pool hall. That's a fairly deep cut that a casual fan won't remember. I'm not sure how much they will reference the past, and just rely on people being able to rewatch the old show.

Rian Johnson's new mystery show Poker Face will premiere soon, but I'm not sure I like the ads for it. It doesn't seem to be a whodunit, but more like a Columbo.

No comments: