Wednesday, January 4, 2023

New Beginnings

I recently tried a recipe for a garlic cream sauce, starting from a roux, and I thought I was doing great. Then I added cheese and looked away for a minute. When I came back, the sauce had "broken" with the butter separating from the other ingredients and leaving an oily mess in the pan. I tried to fix it with half and half, and it came together for a little while, only to separate again. So I put it in a tupperware in the fridge for later, to see if I could fix it when I had more time. Somehow, the cold turned it back into sauce again. I just don't get why sauces are so finicky. Usually the problem I have is that the slow cooker makes sauces that are too watery and thin, and I struggle to thicken them with cornstarch. It's just too hard. I guess I'll have to stick with store-bought sauces.

Anyway, the new year is here at last. As I said, Sherlock Holmes is public domain now. Yippee! I hear there's a lot of celebration on social media about homoerotic possibilites, but boo to Moffatt trying to make another season of Sherlock. He's never gonna give you Johnlock slash; he's only gonna queerbait you, and he's a hack at writing mysteries. Fuck him.

I've officially cancelled Netflix again, and hopefully I won't have to renew again to see Knives Out 3, if they have a theatrical run, like they did for Glass Onion. Oh, Quantum Leap is back too.

No comments: