Tuesday, January 17, 2023

Puttering Around

I'm very happy to hear that Everything Everywhere All at Once is starting to win awards, as a picture and for the cast members. I think Stephanie Hsu deserves more recognition for her great performance. I hear that she and other EEAAO cast members will be in Disney's upcoming American Born Chinese show. I hope that will be good too.

I saw red carpet photos from the Critics Choice Awards, and I think I have a similar dress to Stephanie's orange Valentino gown, but mine is purple. It's also shorter and doesn't flatter me that much. I'm trying to figure out how to alter it to make it look better on me. I found some fabric on Etsy that matches the color pretty well, but I'm not sure if I should make it longer or add a train like she has. Still figuring out my sewing machine and how to alter dresses to fit me. I found some nice patterns at Joann's but never have any time to sew.

Meanwhile, in my cooking, I've been trying to get a crispy skin on my catfish like my mom used to make, but the skin seems to peel away from the flesh instead. I am able to pull the bones out fairly easily after cooking, at least. Also trying the leftover catfish in my Canh Chua soup.

No comments: