Sunday, September 24, 2023

Officially Autumn

It's autumn now after the equinox, and it seems we could have storms that will bring the temps down. Yay for fall weather.

But I'm annoyed. The current Dallas mayor has become a Republican after years of being a Democrat. What is with all these defectors betraying the people who voted for them? Some of the other Texas politicians in the article say that Johnson was conservative leaning before, so it's not entirely a surprise to them. I wouldn't know, as I don't actually live in Dallas, nor follow their government closely. But it sure is a messed up way to falsely paint a blue city red.

Meanwhile, Barbie is out in IMAX with a new post-credits scene, but I'm not sure if I want to see it. It would be giving more money to Warner Bros after they canceled Batgirl. Is one scene worth it? I'm kind of interested in seeing Dumb Money, but it hasn't opened wide yet. I did see My Big Fat Greek Wedding 3, and it was okay. There was a small immigrant plot to add some depth to the romcom, but I didn't recognize one of the auntie characters even though I rewatched the original recently. I just wanna see a movie that's not one of those endless horror/gore movies, which seem to open year-round now, instead of waiting for Halloween.

No comments: