Thursday, May 28, 2015

Texas shenanigans

Well, it looks like all the anti-LGBT bills in Texas died this session. So assuming that the Supreme Court rules for marriage equality soon, Texas won't be able to block it.

Battleground Texas is also prepared to sue for violations of the National Voter Registration Act. I had to renew my driver's license this year, and if my voter registration hadn't gone through, I'd definitely be pissed if I couldn't vote in the recent elections. As if we didn't have enough problems with gerrymandering.

We also need to get some abortion rights, restore funding to Planned Parenthood, expand Medicaid, and get rid of fracking. Stupid GOP rebelling against federal laws, but damned happy to take federal aid for disasters like the recent flooding. So depressing.

No comments: