Saturday, June 16, 2018

Boo

So Netflix is picking up Lucifer. I won't be watching. They squandered all their good will to waste an entire season on love triangles and Cain's fucked up, go nowhere plot. Fine, if those other viewers want to keep watching the show, keep trusting those shitawful writers with another season, let them. But me, I'm checking out like I did when Sherlock turned to crap and Castle turned to crap and Person of Interest turned to crap.

Meanwhile, ABC is still trying to do that Roseanne revival without her on the show. Such hypocrites, saying they canceled the show on principle, but they still want the rest of the Conners back, even though it means that somebody has to buy out Barr's rights and give her another payment. Fuck you. Trying to pull a Hogan Family maneuver. (Or for a more recent example, Charlie Sheen getting replaced on Two and a Half Men.) You can't just let the show die. I know, they're pretending that they're trying to save jobs, but if you just released the cast and crew, they could join other shows, perhaps something else that you pick up to replace Roseanne. But no, you want to cling to the toxic brand. Fuck you for learning nothing.

Anyway, Supergirl has been kind of all over the place lately, and with Alex using Kryptonite bullets on the Daughters of Juru, I ask, what the hell is Kara's problem about Lena having and making kryptonite? I mean, why did we have to go through that whole mistrust crisis, and Kara lecturing people that everybody should destroy their kryptonite? She seriously thinks they should be defenseless should any other Kryptonian villains show up? I don't get why the writers had to ruin the friendship over this. Plus there's news about next season, with Brainy returning and Winn being recurring. Wow, so much shakeup. I don't know where the show is going anymore. The Reign plot took so long to build and I still don't get what was the point of reviving Kara's mother and company. I'm not totally hating everything, but I'm disappointed at how meandering and haphazard everything is.

No comments: