Wednesday, June 27, 2018

Court Orders

The Supreme Court also upheld the travel ban and made other bad rulings lately. Hopefully, since they've now recessed until October, the damage is over for now. A federal judge in San Diego has ruled that the separated children get reunited with their parents, with 14-day and 30-day deadlines. I hope the protests planned this weekend will keep the pressure on.

Meanwhile, I heard that Terry Crews testified to Congress about sexual harassment. I'm glad he's still speaking up even though the police declined to prosecute his case due to statute of limitations. He's a great guy, even willing to talk about his faults and his past behavior that he regrets.

There were a lot of primary elections last night, some surprises but no big trend that I saw. Some progressive newcomers, some establishment candidates won. I'm trying to stay hopeful, but now there's going to be a summit in Russia. Of course.

No comments: