Wednesday, June 20, 2018

The World is Watching

So Trump signed an executive order to stop the family separation (never mind that he started all this without an executive order) and now it means that families will be detained together indefinitely. There will be a lawsuit about it, and it's not clear that this will do anything to reunite the people that have already been separated. But still, he finally gave in to the furor and the protests. He realized that his space force distraction wasn't going to cut it. Maybe Nielson caved first, after being shamed in a Mexican restaurant. Maybe this administration can be shamed after all?

We'll see. I'm glad that Beto O'Rourke did that Father's Day march to Tornillo, TX, and I gave him a donation for his campaign. I'm mostly trying to fund Texas Democrats because I can't afford to give to all the national campaigns. I hope it makes a difference. I think that the protests planned for June 30th will still go ahead, and I hope there will be enough public pressure that an immigration bill can get passed. Maybe they can even fix DACA?

The US has withdrawn from the UN Human Rights Council, I heard. Well, we certainly don't uphold human rights these days, and deserve to be censured by the international community.

No comments: