Thursday, June 21, 2018

Upheavals

I'm sad to hear that Koko the gorilla died. I remember the story of her kitten All Ball. The world is so tragic these days that I'm looking for that new Mr. Rogers documentary so I can have a little hope and kindness.

I read that Netanyahu's wife got charged for misusing public funds. I thought this might be related to the corruption case against Netanyahu himself, but apparently not. I do hope he gets arrested and ousted. Shame on him for supporting Trump's policies, like moving the embassy and nixing the Iran nuclear deal. Trump kept saying it was a bad deal, but he made a worse one with North Korea.

Anyway, there have been some thunderstorms lately, but now it looks like the oppressive summer heat is here. I tried out a new recipe for lasagna and it turned out pretty good. Might try to add mushrooms or spinach next time.

I don't know if I was just tired when I watched the Supergirl finale, but I didn't understand how they killed Reign for good. Supergirl traveled back in time to prevent her friends dying, right? Then they grabbed the black rock and got transported to the "Dark Valley"? Then somehow Sam got Reign to drink water and get snuffed out by dark shadow ghosts? Then only Sam and Supergirl returned from the Dark Valley? I don't get it, and I don't know how Supergirl knew that would happen. She kept saying "there is one place that can trap her", but that's not true, is it? The Dark Valley didn't trap her for good. She got out and she's more powerful now than when Lena kept her on ice with kryptonite. It makes no sense, but fine, handwave it away. Bye, Sam and Ruby. Your story took forever. Bye, Dark Witches and Alura. Bye Legion of Superheroes and Winn. Apparently the actor asked to be written out for new career opportunities, but will come back as recurring. I don't really care about Brainy, but the allusions to Brainiac are perhaps foreshadowing. I don't understand what's happening with J'onn now and James coming out as Guardian. I hope next season will be better with less disjointed stories.

No comments: