Friday, May 7, 2021

Friday

Kung Fu had a good episode this week about Black Lives Matter and also anti-Asian hate. There were a couple of moments that stretched the suspension of disbelief--such as Evan the attorney somehow breaking curfew to visit the restaurant in person instead of just calling on the phone--but otherwise it was a nice examination of racism in a diverse city. They also acknowledged that it's an ongoing struggle that won't be solved in one day. The episode also had some good side plots such as Ryan and his boyfriend sharing a kiss to seal their relationship. I'm only frustrated that Althea still didn't tell her fiance about her former boss, and that Nicky is too obsessed with her quest to have a nice lunch date. Maybe next week.

Meanwhile I'm glad that Facebook continued their ban on Trump. I only wish they'd just definitively make it permanent. He's got his own weblog to say whatever he wants to people still following him, so he's not being censored. We just don't have to pay attention to him, unlike the Republicans who continue to go kiss his ring for some insane reason.

I'm finally going to visit my mother for Mother's Day because now my family is fully vaccinated. So I look forward to some bit of normalcy at last.

No comments: