Monday, May 3, 2021

Runoffs galore

Well, the Texas special election was on Saturday. I'm not in the same district as Ron Wright's old seat, and it appears that no democrats made the runoff. So many candidates just split the votes too much. However, in the race for Fort Worth mayor, Deborah Peoples made it to the runoff, so that's good. I just hope enough people will remember to come back and vote in June.

Meanwhile some TV shows finally came back after being off air for Oscars and Covid specials. Batwoman finally revealed that Sionis used Enigma to brainwash Kate Kane into being Sionis's dead daughter Circe. She apparently died in Arkham, but no more backstory is available, and Circe from the comics is different. We'll see how it goes. Sophie finally got to do a smart thing by erasing Ryan's DNA from the database, but she should confess to the Bat team what she knows in order to integrate with them more. I'm tired of Commander Kane's drug addiction, but I hope it will get resolved soon now that it's been discovered. I'm glad Angelique is going to witness protection, and I hope Ocean is okay, but he might just disappear again. I really do not want to revisit the Safiya story.

The Equalizer also came back with a strong episode showing why the cop Dante is turned off by Robyn's vigilante ways. Her violence went too far for him this time, and she didn't even come up with a clever plan to get the serial killer arrested without compromising the evidence. I see why he'd be upset, and be willing to go in with the plot to arrest her. The promos promised 4 weeks of new episodes, so I hope the remaining 3 episodes are good.

No comments: