Saturday, November 4, 2017

Fall Hiatus

I'm so glad that the little girl ICE was detaining in Texas was released back to her parents at last. Meanwhile, Democrats were having a huge pie fight about the DNC again. It's tiresome and distracting from the battles we should be fighting against Republicans and their shitty tax bill.

Anyway, The Orville got renewed for a second season, and I'm happy. Sad that a bunch of my shows won't come back for months because of Thursday night football. I guess I'll watch more DVDs. I recently downloaded an app so I could catalog my DVD collection. Sadly, most of them weren't recognized by Movies Anywhere because I didn't still have the codes for digital copies, and others were TV shows rather than movies. I'll have to keep this in mind with any new purchases to look for codes.

There's a new Thor film out, but I'm tired of Marvel and am waiting for the Black Panther in February. Still, I wish the movie well because of the director. I still love his Hunt for the Wilderpeople. In the meantime, I guess I'll see Murder on the Orient Express next weekend, despite Poirot's strange new mustache. I still don't understand why Branagh cast himself in the role instead of trying for an actual Belgian this time. Even if the movie's bad, I like most of the cast, and it can't be worse than the horrible David Suchet version of Orient Express that wrecked the ending for no good reason. So far, I still like Alfred Molina's TV version the best.

No comments: