Thursday, November 30, 2017

new Tivo

I got a new Tivo and am still in the process of transferring recordings to it from my old Tivo, which was running out of space. I can't figure out how to do the MoCa network yet, but thankfully the devices can see each other on the wireless network instead. The new Tivo also has four tuners, so hopefully I'll be able to record everything I want no matter how the networks schedule midseason.

Unfortunately lots of so-called "midseason" shows are premiering in March rather than January, because they're trying to avoid the Olympics. It's so annoying, especially when it forces long hiatuses or weeks of reruns for some shows.

I saw a birthday special on David Attenborough (apparently it was recorded in Britain and aired there first, before belatedly airing here). He's still very active for 90, and such an icon. I also watched a special earlier this year about Zoo Quest in color. It was his earliest nature show in the 1950s, and it was broadcast in black and white because that's what most televisions were back then; however, their cameras originally filmed on color stock, so the BBC restored it in color this time. It was very fascinating and vivid. I liked it a lot.

No comments: