Friday, November 10, 2017

TV developments

I'm glad that Fresh Off the Boat is actually committed to the storyline of Nicole being gay. I thought it might just be a one off episode never mentioned again. She continues her friendship with Eddie, and now she has come out to her parents. (Well her stepmom and her dad. Don't know about her mom.) I delayed seeing this week's episode because this plot wasn't mentioned; the promos made it seem like Jessica would be an obnoxious, competitive softball monster in this episode, and I thought it would be cringeworthy and ugly, rather than funny. But no, the softball game wasn't that much of the episode, and Jessica finally realized that lesbians exist, and that her favorite bar was a lesbian bar. Good character growth for her and Marvin.

Black-ish had a fairly good episode too about rites of passage for the kids. Bow's mom even came to visit. I liked the episode of Finding Your Roots this week, also, though I got mixed up about some of the genealogy. I wish they would do only two people an episode. Three stories is hard to keep track of.

Supergirl finally addressed the fallout from that lead-bomb from last season. Lead is toxic to humans, not just Daxamite aliens, and there is NO amount of lead exposure that is safe for humans. They're handwaving it away that the Daxamites absorbed most of it, but I still don't see how that would work. Lena really seemed troubled and hopeless when she thought she was guilty. At one point I thought she was going to confess that she knows that Kara is Supergirl, but I guess I was wrong. I wish Lena had confessed what she knew to Kara about the chemicals, instead of doing the stupid thing confronting Edge alone. Sad that Alex and Maggie broke up, though they had a sweet loving last night together. I still don't like how the reveal of Reign is so damn slow. Is it going to take all season?

No comments: