Monday, October 23, 2023

Elections

I got a pleasant surprise with my property taxes this year. It's almost $1,000 less than last year. In fine print on the bill it says "this is contingent on voter approval in the November 7 election." This year's elections are for Constitutional Propositions, not for any elected office. So if the tax proposition doesn't pass, the tax office will bill me later. Now, that's a real motivator to vote. It helps to get a progressive voter guide that lists all the propositions. I believe it's Proposition #4 that the tax office is referring to.

Early voting starts Oct 23 here, but I won't be able go until Thursday. There are important elections in other states this year, so I hope turnout is good. Meanwhile, chaos continues in Congress without a Speaker of the House.

No comments: