Friday, October 13, 2023

Murmurings

I haven't really been following the war news, no more than I did news about the Ukraine War. I never understood Daily Kos's need for daily reports on troops and weapons. I'm busy enough with work; I don't need to see gruesome atrocities and/or political wrangling. I assume it's brutal and ugly. No need to participate in flamewars either.

Biden gave a speech supporting Israel and condemning Hamas, but he did point out that not all Palestinians are Hamas, and remind Israel that there are "rules of war" so that's something, I guess. Trying to discourage war crimes. I don't know how long this will last; will it be neverending like Ukraine?

I don't know about this paper, but it claims that Israelis blame Netanyahu and want him to resign. They don't want to "stay the course" with their PM for the war, as the US was urged to the "stay the course" with Bush during the Iraq War. We'll see what actually happens, because Israel has been through deadlocked elections several times. I also saw a claim on Daily Kos saying that Netanyahu had helped build up Hamas to avoid a two-state solution, but I don't know if that's true. Anything to get rid of him, but I don't know if his right-wing replacement will be worse.

Meanwhile, the EU threatened Elon Musk over the disinformation about the war, and it appears that he got scared enough to do something. But Twitter is bad enough already.

No comments: