Monday, October 2, 2023

Feeling Bad

In sadder news, my uncle recently died and will be cremated soon. Senator Dianne Feinstein also died suddenly, and Gavin Newsom will appoint a black woman Laphonza Butler to fill her remaining term. I'm annoyed with Newsom, though, for recently vetoing unemployment for striking workers. He makes weird decisions like this, making me doubt how progressive he really is. At least he's good on other issues.

Laurence Fox apparently has turned into a rightwing anti-woke idiot in Britain. He used to co-star in the Inspector Lewis mysteries, so it makes me very disappointed at the former Hathaway. Fuck him.

Also, COVID continues and there's a new vaccine available. I haven't had time to make an appointment yet because I've already been feeling bad. My periods have gotten much heavier lately and longer lasting. It's so bad I have to take at least a day off work. It gives me a headache and makes me weak. I had to order some chao, which is a Vietnamese congee soup that my mother always made for me when I was sick as a kid. Apparently it takes a long time to make, though, so I was waiting over an hour for it. Should have ordered something quicker, I guess. I need to get a flu shot too, but am waiting to hear if we can get a clinic at my job.

No comments: