Tuesday, May 1, 2012

May movies

I didn't see most movies in March and April. I only saw the Chimpanzee movie and was mildly interested in The Raven but decided that I wouldn't be able to stomach the gruesome horror aspects; Poe's stories have always creeped me out without illustrations let alone film images that could stick in my nightmares. The premise of The Hunger Games held no interest to me, nor was the description "the next Twilight" very encouraging. If I want to see an apocalyptic movie about fighting to survive, I'll take Daybreakers with Ethan Hawke and Sam Neill.

I was hoping to see more movies in May because I was interested in both Best Exotic Marigold Hotel and Hysteria. In fact I was going to see Marigold Hotel instead of Avengers on May 4th, only to learn that the limited release means it will be nowhere near my state, let alone my city, that weekend. That was highly disappointing. So it's either watch the Avengers, in which I only care about Iron Man, or stay home and watch more Jeremy Brett episodes.

This is particularly annoying as that weekend is also the premiere of Sherlock season 2 on PBS. Fuck that crap.

So I gotta hope that Marigold Hotel comes to me soon, and that Hysteria won't be in such extreme limited release either.

No comments: