Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Primary elections

Well, as far as I can tell from the online election results, most of the races I voted in went the way I wanted. (Most races in my district were uncontested, at least in the Democratic primary; the general election is a different matter.) But the most hotly contested Democratic race is going into a runoff election. I have no idea when this runoff will take place, and I know that my mailbox is going to be flooded with yet more campaign mailers between now and then.

Besides that, it looks like the Republican primaries also have a huge runoff election between Dewhurst and Cruz, so I'm sure there will be lots of TV ads about that, too. So we have a long way to go yet even before the general election in November. God, I'm so sick of the campaign.

No comments: