Saturday, December 12, 2015

Rotten Cold

I've had a runny nose and sore throat the last couple of days, but I've just started a new job, so I can't exactly miss training to take off sick right now. I've been muddling through, trying to eat soup and drink liquids to make me feel better, but it's hard to sleep when you're too congested to breathe. Hopefully I can recover this weekend.

I read that Ron Howard was promoting his new movie and made some comments about Arrested Development continuing, but it didn't sound like an official announcement. But I did have a dream that I was there at the press event, and that somebody asked about how the show should end. Because season 4 was so dark, would they go with an unhappy ending, like with all the Bluths in prison or something? Well in the dream, Ron Howard argued that people love the Bluths and they should have a happy ending. A dark ending would be "like Greg growing up." I have no idea who "Greg" is, nor did anyone in the dream. Maybe it was an obscure reference to some character he played as an actor. Anyway the context was that Greg was some innocent child character and that growing up would spoil the show. But I don't think that real Ron Howard would feel that way, since he was a child star himself (and so was Jason Bateman). Besides, AD has gone plenty criminal and dark already, what with the sex offender storyline and Tobias's awful plot with DeBrie. I do love most of the Bluths, though, and want them to be happy. I'll try to work more on my story this weekend after I do a bunch of chores I didn't have time for during the workweek.

No comments: