Friday, May 25, 2018

Almost Memorial Day

I had a nightmare last night and couldn't get back to sleep. I'm still bracing for a possible Friday news dump about Timeless being canceled. I mean, I do want to see them save Rufus, but I'm not sure if NBC will really pay for another season.

This week's Supergirl finally found a good storyline for James Olson as Guardian, discussing the importance of representation and also racial discrimination by the police. The only thing weird was why Lena kept standing up listening to him, rather than sitting down with him. I don't like her recent friction with Supergirl too, and the hints that she'll hate Kara if she finds out her identity. Just recently she talked about the need for secrets in her own life; why would she resent that about Kara? It's just disappointing to see a female friendship at risk. I do hope the show hurries up with defeating/saving Reign, because it's been dragging forever. But instead, apparently Supergirl is going to discover her mother alive, which I feel is a total copout, especially the part where she hasn't aged at all since Krypton.

I'll be working on Monday but will at least have the rest of the weekend off. I'll probably see Solo to get my mind off everything. At least Harvey Weinstein has finally been arrested, and will go to trial. Some justice at least, and there are probably more harassers to be outed soon, like Morgan Freeman.

No comments: