Friday, May 18, 2018

TV Cycles

Well, upfronts week is over, and a bunch of shows got cancelled. Brooklyn Nine-Nine got saved by NBC. I do love the show, but I dread each season finale, because they insist on doing crazy stunts, like the witness protection plot, which messes up the first few episodes of the next season. I think this year they won't do it, and won't pull a twist like how Castle ruined the wedding with a kidnapping plot. But still, I'm sick of Brooklyn Nine-Nine's curve balls. I feel it's almost too greedy to want another season, but then again, it would be nice to explore Rosa's bisexuality a bit more.

As for Lucifer, I say "good riddance." Season 3 was fucking awful and took too long to get to Maze and Linda finally making up. Cain absolutely killed the show, and the writers kept spinning their wheels going every which illogical way, ruining every character in Cain's wake. For nothing. Absolutely nothing.

Still no news about Timeless, but I'm not surprised. At least we got to Harriet Tubman before it was over. I'm sad that some of the TV pilots I was interested in didn't get picked up, like Get Christie Love and Greatest American Hero. Stupid networks.

Netflix is releasing Arrested Development season 5 in two parts, so we'll only get half the episodes on May 29th. Even worse, Portia is only in 5 episodes, which means that Lindsay's political campaign probably won't last long. Sad that the writers never find enough for her or Maeby to do, instead treading the same old ground over and over.

No comments: